Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's all happening

Well we have lots of projects on the go at the moment.
Last week we had the first fitting of Missy's new powerhcair, it looks great and hopefully will be worth the wait. It needed a bit more customisation so it had to go back with the supplier, but it will be back next week to stay. Just in the time actually as Missy old powerchair decided it had enough and the controller packed it in, thankfully I have been able to borrow a controller for a short period to hopefully get us through.

Soon we attend a CP Clinic in Sydney for our yearly check ups and X-Rays.

Missy has been doing swim school for two weeks now and is having a great time.

Missy's school excursion is approaching fast and her teacher and myself recently travelled to the camp venue to check out accessibility and plan for activities that everyone can enjoy. So with grass skiing and canoeing and sleeping in a room with another 8 girls, there is sure to be plenty of fun had.

I continue to struggle to find time to do ABR and keep upto date with Missy technology needs. Missy recently got an I-Pad which has been lots of fun for Missy and H-HO. We are hoping it will be a great reading tool, rather then Missy having difficultly turning the pages. There is so much more we can do with the I-Pad, once I get my head around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment